The new Carbon Literacy Sports Kit provides the sector with bespoke training to raise awareness of greenhouse gas emissions and their role in climate change and, importantly, what you can do about it.
In five modules delivered on the day, attendees will learn about:
- the basics of climate change science, the evidence for climate change and the impacts of climate change
- issues around equity and vulnerability, local impacts and the impacts on sport
- the co-benefits of taking climate action, the current policy position and the influence of the sport sector
- your own individual carbon footprint and organisational carbon footprints
- why action is important, how to talk about climate change to others and how to develop carbon pledges
The Sports Kit will be officially launched at the BASIS Conference on 25th April. We are pleased to offer this first training session to go along with this launch. You don’t have to be attending the conference to take the training, but why not combine the two events? At the end of the session, you will receive your Carbon Literacy Certificate and come away with a deeper knowledge of the issues and what actions you can take.
ℹ️ If you’re a BASIS member, be sure to log in to see members-only pricing.
Not a member? Join today for access to preferential event pricing and many other benefits.