Marketing Communications Coordinator
This is a full-time remote role for a Marketing Communications Coordinator. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will be responsible for day-to-day communications with members and partners, creating and distributing sports sustainability material, coordinating public relations activities, and writing and producing research and marketing materials.
- Your work will include managing our daily social media platforms, creating a social media plan, posting relevant members’ sustainability stories, celebrating our members and wider industry sustainability initiatives
- Monitor and measure activity across all BASIS social media [LinkedIn & X, formerly Twitter] and website
- Report on and be accountable for monthly and quarterly, key activity, trends and impact across these platforms
- Work to pre-agreed targets on increasing engagement, activity, followers, subscribers across all platforms, materials, and pipelines.
- Research and create insightful articles that challenge the status quo,
- You’ll maintain our resources hub with up-to-date reports, articles, white papers, surveys etc.
- Enhance and take ownership of the content and delivery of the organisation’s monthly newsletter
- Build and maintain relationships with key sustainable sports journalists/journals and broadcasters and other sustainability resources to create content, collaborations and news stories
- Create marketing decks and campaigns for members, partners, events and other associated BASIS services when required
- Create and circulate Press Releases of BASIS events and services
- Oversee our CRM system to include updating and segmenting contacts, conducting market analysis of events in the sustainability space and monitoring member engagement
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferable.
- You will have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms, ideally within the sustainability and/or sport sectors
- Marketing Communications experience
- Experience with creating and distributing press releases
General Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written communication
- Well-versed in public relations techniques and strategies
- Strong copywriting skills with ability to produce marketing materials, as well as design skills.
- Excellent project management skills including planning, logistics and program management with ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen well and positively represent the organization and its mission
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A self-starter that works within set parameters but can take the initiative
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks and maintain productivity
- Ability to work independently within the remit of job role, whilst communicating and coordinating with other staff
- Ability to work effectively and positively with a range of individuals and working styles
- Proficient skill on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and X and software such as Office, Canva, Xero, HubSpot, and WordPress.
About us :
BASIS, The British Association for Sustainable Sport, is a sustainability hub for the sports industry in the UK. We work with our members to ensure positive environmental, social, and economic impact for sport at every level.
Our vision is to harness the power of sport to build a sustainable future and our mission is to educate, engage and empower sport in the UK to become a world leader in sustainability.
BASIS recognises the positive role sport plays in promoting healthy lifestyles and building communities. We also recognise the opportunity to leverage the power of elite sport to guide society towards social and environmental sustainability.
BASIS embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for the role.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ROLE
- This contract is remote, with online team meetings weekly and in person, (preferably within or around the London area), every few months to update and plan.
- You will take full responsibility for a safe, healthy and comfortable working environment
- This contract is remote with working hours of 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- Ability to travel 4-6 times, UK wide, over the course of 12 months
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your CV (max 2 pages), a 1 page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th January 2024
- Please note that due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates
- £25,000-£30,000 per annum