New for 2024, in a collaborative effort to support and educate the sector, BASIS, in conjunction with Sport England are, delivering a series of online Carbon Literacy training courses for the Sports Sector within the first quarter of 2024.
The Carbon Literacy Sports Kit provides the sector with bespoke training to raise awareness of greenhouse gas emissions and their role in climate change and, importantly, what you can do about it.
In five modules delivered on the day, attendees will learn about:
- the basics of climate change science, the evidence for climate change and the impacts of climate change
- issues around equity and vulnerability, local impacts and the impacts on sport
- the co-benefits of taking climate action, the current policy position and the influence of the sport sector
- your own individual carbon footprint and organisational carbon footprints
- why action is important, how to talk about climate change to others and how to develop carbon pledges.
The course is FREE to the UK sports sector, on a first come, first served basis, for up to 24 people. Maximum of 3 attendees per organisation.
This course will run over two consecutive afternoons on the 21st and 22nd February 2024.