At this fourth annual conference BASIS will continue to ensure that sustainability is recognised and brought to the forefront of British sport.The meeting will bring together people from professional and community sport including governing bodies, clubs and venues along with policy makers, academics and others. The common thread is the desire to implement sustainable develoment principles into the way we run our organisations to reduce our environmental impacts, enhance the communities we live and work in and reduce the costs of our operations.
The programme includes:
- An optional tour of the Millennium Stadium, with Facilities Manager Darren Crossman
- Case study presentations from sustainability leaders from the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games, the Ryder Cup Green Drive, the Tour de France Grand Depart and Scarlets Rugby.
- Review presentations on Sustainability in UK Sport from Andrea Collins of Cardiff University and on Return on Investment on sustainability projects in UK sport by CLT Envirolaw.
- Break out sessions lead by Sport England, the Institute of Groundsmanship, Minimise Energy, Wiles GreenWorld, Boundaries for Life, the European Healthy Stadia Network, and others.
- Exhibitors including Sustain Ltd, RT Machinery, Boundaries for Life and others.